Saturday, March 31, 2007

How To Write a Paper

Does anyone know how? I've forgotten. UC requires two substantial papers to be completed before graduation and my seminar last quarter provided an opportunity to write one. The minimum 25-page paper is due April 30. The outline was due March 8th, but I still haven't done it. I'm sitting here staring at a stack of Lexis print outs and have no idea what to do with them (I just realized that the last time I printed anything off Lexis in the law school was for the 1L brief). The last research-type paper I wrote was my undergraduate thesis and it was turned in November of 2004. We have been given no guidelines other than the page minimum- do I need a table of contents? a works cited? Can I use large margins and size 14 font? If you use footnotes, is it standard to include a works cited at the end (that's actually a serious question)?

I've spent most of my time so far looking at apartments online (we're moving June 1) and researching child care arrangements for next year. I have written a few emails and organized my inbox. I have not read my Lexis printouts or figured out what precisely the topic of my paper is going to be. Would anyone like to research and write a paper for me as a baby gift? You'd get a lovely thank you note.

No comments:

Post a Comment