Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Boots and Besos

My Christmas cards are out, so I feel I can unveil this year's family pictures. We do these every year in the Fall- close enough to the kids' birthdays that they can count as their birthday "I just turned whatever years old" portraits, and close enough to Christmas that they work for the cards. It's also supposed to be cooler, but it was like 110 degrees on our September 28th portrait day, with 100% humidity, and a 98% uncooperative Clairebear. Yes, the baby who couldn't stop smiling temporarily morphed into a toddler who had no idea what a smile was.

She appeared legitimately confused.

You want me to do what with my lips and face?

 

And look where exactly?

 

Oh this is all so tiresome.

 

Wait, you're going to pay attention to me all by myself?! Ooh, let me show you a trick! Peek-a-boo! Ha-ha! Awesome, right?

 

The reason I love these pictures, despite our occasional round of outtakes, is they capture the kids as they are, then. Sure the Bear generally refused to look directly at the camera and smile at the same time, but that's okay. It was a 2-year-old moment and I have the digital files forever.

 

 

 

And my Lanman, at a handsome 5.5 years old.

 

The kiddos.

 

Cracking each other up, as always.

 

And finally, my two favorites: BOOTS! I figured, as long as we're living and taking pictures in Fort Worth, we might as well own it.

 

And kisses.

 

And some giggles too. Happy 2012!

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! JP bought them for me for Christmas in 2010 and I've never worn them- bedazzled isn't usually my style, but it just feels right in Fort Worth, Texas. He was so excited I wore them in the pictures and I love the little lift in my heels in the last one :).

      Delete
  2. You have such a precious family!!! Thanks for sharing the pics! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!!!

    Patty from TX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap, Landon is starting to look like a young man, I can't believe it! Beautiful pictures, from one ginger to another ;)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable. Been lurking as you can check in history hits but haven't been commenting since most of my thoughts are echoed by others in their comments. Had to comment finally because the cuteness of your family is almost unbearable. Beautiful, happy bunch! About the bug infestation...every month something different in Austin? That's really amazing. I think ladybugs are more tolerable than those weird white tiny buggy things in your bathtub though. I love Landon's hair in these family photos. Sorry about the job search but this too shall pass.
    Desimom

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to say the fact you're on your tip toes in the last one is the cherry ontop of a perfect picture :)

    ReplyDelete