Thursday, May 14, 2009

More Papa

This is my dad.



When I forwarded him the post I wrote on Sunday he replied with, "Made my eyes leak. I love you [LL]. Always have and always will."

Landon loves my dad too. He's been obsessed with pictures for a while and loves pointing out JP and I in our wedding photo in the hallway- every time we pass by he throws out his arm to point at the picture and exclaims, "MAMA! DADA!" and then gives a firm head nod as we continue on our way. About a month ago, Landon pointed at a picture picture on our fridge of my family at a cousin's wedding a year ago. He identified me and JP and then suddenly pointed at my dad and said "Papa." He hadn't seen my dad in months so I was shocked that he recognized him (we've also never called him Papa, though that is now his official grandpa name). I opened up my laptop and clicked through pictures from Christmas and earlier and Landon correctly identified his Papa in each one. When I emailed my dad the story he replied (by text message because he and my mom are very into texting now) with, "I am so proud of that young man. He is perhaps the greatest grandson ever. Can't wait to see him. He will have to spend a wknd with me at the lake house soon and many wknds thereafter. He is clearly gifted."



On Tuesday Landon was having a fussy evening, so I put him on my lap and we watched a slidehow of pictures from Christmas and Easter, clapping whenever we saw Papa. At the end, Landon turned his head around to look at me and made his little sign language sign for "more" - a sign that until now he's only used for food - and said, "More Papa... Peez".



It would totally have made my dad's eyes leak.

6 comments:

  1. Now, that is a really cute, really sweet post. It's great to see people who are close to family, because despite any or all flaws, family is so important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is absolutely adorable! You are lucky to have such wonderful parents (and an incredibly cute and smart son).

    ReplyDelete
  3. LL...is this a new format for comments. I like it. Love the photos of The LanMan with your Dad. Very touching post too.
    Rani (it's me Desimom...I'm done with the moniker)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww such a cute story (about signing for more Papa!!!) cuttte! have you and JP taught him baby sign language?does that really work! i think thats SO fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. bengali chick5/15/09, 2:40 PM

    Stop making your readers' eyes leak! j/k Toooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. dude that made my eyes leak a little too. your dad is so awesome and I totally heart him, I am not at all surprised Landon loves him so much. Tell Papa that I say hi. :)

    ReplyDelete