Wednesday, May 30, 2007

A-B-C Meme

I got tagged by PT-LawMom for a meme. I've never done one before and Day 2 at the firm was much like day one- filled with food, fun, about 30 minutes of work, and then bowling, so I don't have too much to say about it. I don't think my formatting is going to come through as pretty as her's, but here's a bunch of random info you may or may not care to know about me:

A - Attached or Single?
Permanently attached

B - Best Friend?
A couple of them. I made three of my very closest friends before 4th grade. I never moved growing up so I've always been surrounded by people who have known me for most of my life- many of us even went on to the same college. Law school was the first time I found myself in a place where I didn't know a single person- it was a little scary but exciting at the same time. I found out, to my relief, that I can make new friends and I've been amazed at what a wonderful and supportive group we've created in such a short time.

C - Cake or Pie?
Cake- preferably confetti cake with white frosting.

D - Drink of Choice?
alcoholic: frozen margarita, non-alcoholic: diet coke

E - Essential Items?
Internet access, husband (is he an item?), chapstick, books, comfy sweatshirt

F - Favorite Color?
Blue, all shades

G - Gummie Bears or Worms?
Worms.

H - Hometown?
One of the Houston suburbs.

I - Indulgence?
Frozen yogurt (gelato is even better if I can find it)

J - January or February?
February- it's short and contains my birthday, a school holiday or two, and Valentine's Day (which I hesitate to add b/c I think it's silly, but it is a great excuse to treat yourself and your husband)

K - Kids?
First one due August 9th and we'd like to add a few more later on (as soon as I forget my apathy-bordering-on-dislike of pregnancy).

L - Life is incomplete without?
Family and time spent outdoors

M - Marriage Date?
September 3, 2005

N - Number of Siblings?
Two- little sister and baby brother.

O - Oranges or Apples?
Apples

P - Phobias/Fears?
Moths- they absolutely terrify me and I have no idea why. I'm cool with all other bugs, snakes, etc., but if a moth flies near me I freak out.

Q - Favorite Quote?
"Love is friendship caught on fire."
"Some people follow their dreams. Other people hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission."
"To love is to place our happiness in the happiness of another."

R - Reason to smile?
My amazing husband- there are still nights when I lay next to him and can't fall asleep because I'm so perfectly happy.

S - Seasons?
Fall- I'd never experienced Fall until I moved to Chicago. I love the crisp air, the changing leaves, and that "first day of school" feeling

T - Tags?
Anyone who's interested. I like learning more about the bloggers out there.

U - Unknown Fact About Me?
I'm incredibly insecure about my looks- I was not the pretty sibling and that ugly feeling will probably never fully go away. I'm even more insecure about my weight (including a mini eating disorder battle in college) even though I've never been big. I also had a severe stutter as a child. It's gotten better, but there's still several words I get stuck on.

V - Vegetarian or oppressor of animals?
Carnivore, but won't touch veal, duck, pate, or foie gras (for animal cruelty/cuteness reasons)

W - Worst Habit?
Biting my nails

X - X-rays or ultrasounds?
Ultrasounds!

Y - Your favorite food?
Impossible question, but a short list: pizza, sushi, perfectly ripe fruit, and sandwiches

Z - Zodiac?
Pisces

3 comments:

  1. Yay, great answers! Thanks for playing. :) We have something in common - I'll send you an e-mail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To whoever wrote the last post: yes I was, but the blog is anonymous, so I can't leave your comment up! Send me an email whoever you are :)

    ReplyDelete