Thursday, February 10, 2011

Hello Lovers (updated)

Remember the beautiful shoes? I first fell for them on January 7th when TLo posted this Kate Spade ad on their blog. It was the first time I ever truly, really wanted something designer, and I remember going back to stare at the shoes on Ms. Bryce Dallas Howard's feet several times that day. Then, on January 20th, a reader sent me a link to the very same shoes because their color was named "Biscuit" and I am the mother of a Biscuit. THEN, a few days later, another reader sent me a $50 discount code- in the month of my birth, on the day I got my bonus, two weeks before Valentine's Day, and within a year of my not taking any unpaid maternity leave.

So I bought them.



Twelve hours later they had sold out of my size.



The estimated delivery date was February 1st, an appointment I immediately entered into my work and personal calendars. I obsessively tracked my shoes until they got stuck in Dallas for EIGHT days because of a few ice cubes on the ground. They finally arrived in my office on the 9th.

Hello lovers.



Aren't they gorgeous?





I'm wearing them to work tomorrow with jeans and a coral belted jacket for good luck during my year-end evaluation.



It'll be like having happy little rainbows trail behind me everywhere I go.



We're going to be so happy together.

------

Friday, 8 a.m. Update: 24 degrees is way too cold for the short-sleeved coral jacket, so I found a coral top with a pretty, detailed neckline and a tan corduroy blazer. Off to work I go!



It's going to be a fabulous day.

14 comments:

  1. Oh, they are gorgeous! Good luck and knock 'em dead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Goodness. LOVE those!!

    Good luck on your evaluation. Those look like the perfect shoes for the event :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck with your review. (kate spade just has the cutest shoes!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am insanely jealous. I have a shoe thing too. Is it a lawyer thing?

    Feel free to send me pictures for shoe friday. (I post pictures of peoples shoes on friday and link back.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE them! They can go with ANYTHING!. Drool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. um, LOVE THEM! Make sure you are shopping online using ebates. you get money back! Completely random- what brand of jeans are those? i am on a quest for jeans and those look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Mere! They're actually Old Navy "Diva" jeans. I bought them after I had Landon, so I'm not even sure ON still sells them, but they're look way more expensive than the $20 I paid for them. I found them because I asked a classmate what jeans she was wearing, expecting them to be some expensive designer, but she said Old Navy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are SOOO cute! LOVE them. Good luck for your year end evaluation.. not that you'll need it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. More people have told me their jeans are Old Navy when I've asked them! I need to get an inexpensive pair of jeans to hold me over until I get rid of these leftovers from the baby! They look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not a shoe person, but that pair even have me smiling! What's the source for the jacket? And heck, the shirt is cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The jacket is also Old Navy (from about 5 years ago though, at least) and the shirt is NY & Co. My jeans, shirt, and jacket all together cost about 1/5 of my shoes (which will probably be true just about any time I wear them, actually). But they have made me happy all day and just about every woman on my floor has noticed the heels when I walked by :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. No joke - I had a dream about these shoes last night. Clearly, they are awesome. And/or else I spend far too much time on the Internet, also quite possible.

    ReplyDelete
  13. w/r/t shoes costing way more than most of the outfits you'll wear them with: i read a long time ago that if your purse and shoes look expensive, the rest of your outfit will, too. hooray for these, the cutest shoes EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  14. YAY!!! So incredibly glad you got the shoes! They are just perfect! And I am glad to be a part of the chain of shoe happiness. Shoes are the best. And so is Kate. So Kate shoes = mounds of happiness (of the shallow materialistic variety, but we all need some of that). Congrats, and have fun strutting!

    ReplyDelete