Monday, September 3, 2007

September 3rd

We just got back from a very impromptu trip to my grandparent's lake house in Wisconsin. At 12:30 on Saturday I realized we had beautiful weather and no plans for Labor Day Weekend. I called my grandparents and asked what they were doing for the next 2 days- they said to come on up! We threw Landon, his many accessories, and a few things for us into my car and drove the 8 hours to their beautiful cabin. It was a fantastic first vacation for Landon. Two nights is just enough to get away without having to pack too much and his great-grandparents thought he was absolutely perfect even with his 4am screaming fits (the Zantac takes 7-10 days to really help him). The weather was perfect, the food delicious, and the company delightful. I think Landon enjoyed all the fresh air and he loved the pontoon boat rides around the lake.

Today is also JP and my 2nd wedding anniversary. Our first date was six years ago yesterday. Who would have thought that the incredibly drunk junior who got kicked out of a bar the same time I did for underage drinking on my first day of college at U.T. would be my amazing husband and loving father to my child less than six years later??

5 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! Glad you had a fun trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Landon on his firsts, and to you on your second anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's how you and JP met? Too funny. I can't believe you did an 8-hour drive for Landon's first trip and came back with good memories.

    Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an awesome story of how you met. Love it! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary! The boat rides sound wonderful, I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete