Sunday, September 23, 2007

Already Behind

My first day is tomorrow and I haven't read my corporate finance or public international law assignments. I need daycare before school starts! JP worked yesterday and is at the office now, so I've had no opportunity to crack the books. Well, that's not quite true, the little monster does sleep, but I'm never sure for how long and MTV is playing a "So You Think You Can Dance" marathon that has stolen about 30 hours of my time.

Anyway, I'm realizing that this quarter is going to be tougher than I planned. This always happens- I tell everyone "this year will be easier" and then it turns out to be pretty darn hard (ex: 2L year). My classes end at 12:05, but I'd like to get Landon before 5pm which only leaves 4.5 hours to eat lunch, do my reading, and hit the gym. I'm normally a terribly inefficient reader and case briefer so I'm going to have to learn to focus for longer than 10 minutes at a time. Luckily I do have Thursdays totally open- I think that's going to be my day to catch up on everything: reading, briefing, phone calls, bills, online shopping, etc. This year is going to be a good introduction into the fine art of balancing working and mothering, and I'm glad to have it.

1 comment:

  1. I've found that I've become much more efficient since I became a mother. I just want to get stuff done quickly so I can spend time with my kid.

    ReplyDelete