Sunday, August 19, 2007

Tired

I am so tired. I don't think I've ever felt this run down. It's the kind of tired where you can still function and most of the time you feel fine, but when you sit and let yourself relax the exhaustion just starts washing over you in waves. I know I'm supposed to take naps and "sleep when the baby sleeps" and I think that is a great idea- it just never ends up happening. I'm not a napper and never have been. I had a severe case of mono my freshman year and I didn't even take naps then. It's really hard for me to unwind at night and fall asleep- it's nearly impossible to do that in the middle of the afternoon. There's always stuff to do, someone to talk to, a book to read- and I really value my baby-free productive time. The times when Landon is sleeping also seem to be the moments I feel the least tired. It's when he wakes up and wants to be held that I remember how exhausted I am. I don't want to wish away his babyhood, but it's going to be really nice when he sleeps more than 3-4 hours at a time.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I feel your pain! I would just do one more thing and then I'd nap before she woke up -- until there was only about 30 minutes left before she was due to wake up again, and I hadn't gotten around to it. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, welcome to motherhood. You will be fine. In retrospect, it doesn't last that long and they are never that cuddly again.

    I know, you just want sleep. You'll get it, I promise!! (And You-Know-Who will not be around forever. . .)

    I can't wait to see him!! You know I'm going to call as soon as I'm back in town! Oh--and I can't wait to see you, of course. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's rough, but luckily it doesn't last too long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least rest when the baby is sleeping. And you might want to poke around the Ask Moxie archives. Today she has something up about B vitamins and PPD.

    For me, my son didn't sleep okay until he was one and didn't sleep thru until he was 18 months. It seriously impacted my grades. So if I did law school w/ a baby over again, I'd follow Pantley's No Cry Sleep SOlution advice from the early days to make sure good sleeping habits were instilled.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I know... like everyone else said, just hold on and this time will pass! I felt the exact same way, including not wanting to wish away his babyhood... I thought, sure, right now I wish he would grow up a bit, but I'll miss this time later. But you know what? So far, I don't! Not at all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, the sleep is so elusive at this stage.

    Try to get Landon on a "routine" of sorts in a few months time. Really, the routine/schedule thing saved my sanity.

    ReplyDelete