Monday, August 13, 2007

Grandma Time

My mom flew in to Chicago on Saturday for 7 full days of Grandma time. (This was her original flight for Landon's birth. It was nonrefundable, so even though she came in July after he was born, she got to fly up again for a bonus trip). It's been so great to have her back. Landon is a good baby in general- he goes right to sleep after each of his nighttime feedings and takes a few naps during the day, but I was going stir crazy in the apartment all day while JP was at work and the fractured sleep was starting to wear on me. My mom takes the 7am feeding so I can sleep in and that has made a big difference- I feel almost fully recharged. JP babysat Sunday so my mom and I could shop- so fun! It was fun to shop for and try on normal clothes for the first time in many months. I got a very "hot mama" dress that she talked me in to with phrases like: "you're 24!" and "Just because you had a baby doesn't mean you have to dress like you're 40!" "You can at least wear it around the house for JP." Then she babysat that night so that JP and I could go on a date. We ate at a fantastic restaurant near our apartment and then saw the Bourne Ultimatum (great movie!). I wore the hot mama dress and we had a wonderful time.

Tomorrow Landon goes to the pediatrician for his 1-month check up. I can't believe he's already that old! Mom and I have lots of other adventures planned for the week: the pediatrician, a trip to visit JP for lunch, and a trip to Chicago Firm to return their Blackberry and other items that I still have from my unexpected last day of work. My mom is lots of help and I love her for it, but on this trip what I'm most appreciative of is her company. It's way more fun to hang out with a baby when you have someone to admire his cuteness with you.

6 comments:

  1. Have a great time with your mom! I'm so glad you're getting a chance to sleep and relax - it sounded like you were more than ready for it. And I totally can't believe he's a month old already - wow! I'm looking forward to seeing y'all soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are a lucky lady. I think it was a full year before Chapin and I went out on a date alone and my parents lived 10 minutes away!! LOL! Enjoy the break to recharge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww.. I love having mom in time. Have wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moms just know what you need, don't they? Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so nice your mom could come up again! Baby-sitting is never a chore for Grandmas, that's for sure. Of course, wrestling the baby away from Grandma is usually the most difficult thing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fabulous to have your mom for a while. :)

    Oh, and JP wasn't babysitting. He was being a dad, caring for his child. Yes?

    ReplyDelete