Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Caught Up, But More Behind

I spend most of my time feeling like I'm treading water and barely keeping my head above it. I enjoy swimming and am very skilled at water treading, so I'm usually pretty happy in this state. But someimtes the to-do lists get overwhelming, and losing my child care on Monday has crippled me for the week. I don't have class on Mondays and use it to read ahead for Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. (I also don't have class on Fridays and use it to catch-up in the classes I didn't read far enough ahead for on Monday.) Hanging out with Landon was fun, but I'm drowning now.

Today I used my 1-hour break between con law and sex law to catch-up in my "real life" to-do list. I have a dental appointment made for February, a hair cut set for Saturday, my bar exam application is in the mail, my bar/bri account has been switched from Illinois to Texas, my FedEx package has been rerouted, and we have initiated the mortgage process with our loan officer in Austin. All that sounds great, but now my school to-do list is getting out of hand. So I'm further ahead in life, farther behind in school, and my arms are getting tired.

5 comments:

  1. The first time I read this, I caught, "between con law and sex" instead of "between con law and sex law." I thought, "You go, LL!!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lot going on! Sounds like you are doing great. Won't be much longer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there. It will all work out. I do know how you feel though and I don't have nearly that much going on. Moving across the country is stressful. Just take it one step at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see you took my "sex law" suggestion! Excellent.

    My classes don't start until next week, but looking at my calendar for the next couple of weeks, I predict I will soon be frantically treading water right next to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the Baby 411 suggestion! I just ordered it from Amazon and I see that it gets lots of good reviews from parents. In other news, my bar application is hideously far from being done and I am now hyperventilating after reading this post and being reminded of it. Ack.

    ReplyDelete