Thursday, November 30, 2006

Drowning

A week from today I will take TWO finals, two hours apart. I have secured transactions from 9-12 and criminal procedure from 2-5. The next day I have corporations from 2-5, and I was supposed to have antitrust the next morning at 9, but I was able to push it back 2 days.

Despite this list of hard classes and way-too-close-together exams, I didn't start studying until last night. It's very bad. I am currently on class 10 of corporations and haven't looked at a single page of notes of study aids in any of my other classes. I'm not even sure where to begin...

Part of my problem is the quarter system which is so short that just when you're starting to feel like you have some idea what's going on in each class, finals are 10 days away. The other problem is that I thought this year would be easier, that finals wouldn't be so stressful or hard - that was completely wrong. These 4 finals will be harder than any I took last year (I read last years corporation final and nearly had an anxiety attack). Last night when I was still in the library at 10:30, JP called totally convinced I'd been in a car crash on my way home earlier in the evening. When I told him I was at the library (where I spent every night until at least 10:30 last year) he was completely shocked. Obviously I haven't been putting in enough hours so far...

So here I sit, drowning in slides and hundreds of pages of notes. I'm also reviewing 1L resumes and cover letters- I don't really have time, but so many 2Ls and 3Ls were so helpful to me last year, I feel its important to pass that along.

12 more days and its all over... until winter quarter finals...

No comments:

Post a Comment