I had my first pregnancy dream last night. With Landon I only dreamed about being pregnant or having a baby twice. Both times I had twins and both times I cried and woke up terrified.
This time I was in labor. I never felt "labor" last time- my water just broke and next thing I knew I was in a hospital hooked up to a monitor that confirmed I wasn't having any contractions. Landon was ready to make his debut, but he hadn't told the rest of my body yet. So I don't really know what going into labor feels like, but in my dream, I was sure this was it. I went to a hospital in Austin. It was dark and instutional feeling- now that I think about it, it looked exactly like the hospital in a recent Mad Men episode when Betty has her baby. I didn't like it. I felt uncomfortable and wasn't sure if they'd let me have the kind of labor I wanted. After they checked me in and walked out of the room, I left. I got on a plane and flew to Chicago, checked myself into Northwestern, where I had Landon, found my old midwife and felt very at peace. I called JP (who apparently had been in class during all this) to let him know that (1) I was in labor and (2) I was in Chicago.
I was very nervous on the plane ride that I might really starting the labor process. But I didn't and apparently no one was concerned about the hugely pregnant woman in an aisle seat. But then, I wasn't really very pregnant. I only had a tiny bump and maybe people didn't notice.
By the time JP got to the hosptial it was apparent that not only was I NOT in labor, but I was only about 15 weeks pregnant. And then I woke up.
So that was odd. I did wake up still holding on to my happy, peaceful Chicago glow. I felt so good when the plane touched down near the city and when I walked on the sidewalk in front of the hospital. I wonder if I'll have more Chicago dreams now that I'm pregnant. I'm sleeping more soundly than usual and my only other experience with pregnancy took place entirely in that city.
A Week Of Trader Joe’s Dinners
6 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment