Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Miscellany

My computer tells me it's Tuesday. I'm not sure how that happened- the days both fly and creep by, usually at the same time, as everything continues to go so well in our world. I've spent most of the past two days reviewing the 84-proof gallery from our photographer. She did such an amazing job and it has been SO HARD to narrow our purchases down to a select few. I am so glad we decided to invest in these pictures- as Allison commented on the last post, now that anyone can use a digital camera and photoshop, it is easy to forget what works of art pictures can be.

Last night I briefly re-entered the work world to attend a party for a beloved senior associate who is transferring to a different office. It was fun to get dressed up in a dress (a dress from the regular side of my closet! albeit one without a waist) and heels and mingle with other grown-ups. I've missed my co-workers, even if I haven't missed the work yet, and it was lovely to see everybody. It was also lovely to get to drink a glass of wine at a work even again.

In newborn happenings, we got a glider chair for the living room. It's pretty much the cheapest one you can buy, but it glides, and Claire likes it. We spend a lot of time hanging out in it during the day, though sometimes, just to make things a little crazy, we rotate among the two couches too.



It has been such fun to experience the differences between baby Claire and baby Landon, and not just because baby Claire doesn't spend 95% of her time crying or screaming like her big brother. I'm pretty sure most of these differences are due to personality rather than the fact that she's a girl, but it has been funny to see how much Claire loooooves her baths. She will soak happily in there for as long as we'll let her. Landon hated his newborn tub with a passion. Claire thinks there's nothing better than some warm water and a soft wash cloth.



Landon continues to want to be near Claire as much as possible. She had some gas and a tummy ache a few days ago, so now he inquires about her health whenever he sees me holding her. And it is hilarious to hear your little boy crooning, "babyClaire are you feeling good?" in the high sugary sweet voice that I can't seem to stop using around her.


She's wearing a pretty party dress in these pictures, not because we had plans to leave the house that day, but because I realized that if I don't start dressing her in something besides pj's she'll outgrow all her cute clothes before she ever wears them. And I think she felt so pretty.


6 comments:

  1. I don't think a girl needs a reason to wear a dress, even at 2 weeks old :). Landon sounds just so precious with her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I know what you mean about the clothes. I always said my kid wouldn't live in a onesie like other peoples'. Then I had her and it was hard enough forcing myself to get dressed let alone change her into a real outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it just me or does Claire look a lot like Landon (aside from the dress)?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! A friend just recommended I come visit/subscribe to your blog... as it was one of the few "working mom" blogs she'd run across. Just wanted to say Hi and that I look forward to reading your blog in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was also thinking that Landon and Claire resemble each other. From these pictures, they seem to have the same nose.

    I can't wait to hear more about the two of them together. Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I think she looks like Landon too.

    ReplyDelete