Friday, December 28, 2007

PJ Snow Day

We're in the middle of getting 6 inches of snow- it's making quite a beautiful scene through our big front windows. I'm in my new flannel pj's, Landon is in his kangaroo pj's, and we're both having a warm, snuggley day. There's a pot roast cooking in my crock pot and I've made a lunch out of leftover Christmas cookies and herbal tea. When we're back down South, I'm really going to miss this kind of day. I love the excuse to stay inside, not get dressed, and feel so cozy while the wind blows and the snow swirls outside. So far my biggest accomplishment has been making the tea. The never ending to-do list can wait, Landon and I are taking a snow day.

3 comments:

  1. I miss those days. We rarely get any real amount of snow in DC, but when we do, I usually run my errands then because VA natives are afraid of snow and are off the roads. They also close the schools around here for even the threat of snow, whereas I remember growing up in Chicago they only closed school once from snow (we got about a foot overnight) and once from extreme cold (temp was minus 20 and wind chills were about minus 75).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of the main things I miss about Chicago! The cold stat-indoor days! THey are especially good when you have new PJs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! That's the one thing I don't miss about living in Chicago ;) Glad to hear you enjoyed your day though!

    ReplyDelete