Thursday, August 5, 2010

2 months!

Claire turned 2 months old yesterday. Her doctor appointment was today, and because I use my blog to record all major life events, here are her stats:

Weight: 13 lbs (97th percentile)
Length: 23 in (75th percentile)
Head: 41 cm (95th percentile)


My baby has a huge head (and body, really), but she still showed off her strength for the pediatrician with her baby push-ups on the exam table. The doctor noted that she was drooling already and said her lower gums were a little swollen so she might be teething. That had better be one area she doesn't take after her brother- Landon was "teething" for about 6 months before any teeth showed up. I would take him to the pediatrician begging her to find something wrong that we could fix and she'd so, no, I think it's just his teeth glacially making their way through his gums. She's already got the milk protein allergy and the reflux, so surely she wants to strike out on her own in some area!

She's been having quite a bit of trouble with the reflux- we're using the Prevacid, Zantac, and adding rice cereal to her formula, and I think we now have it under control. You can hear the liquid come up her esophagus after she drinks but she's no longer arching away from it, so that's an improvement. She's such a stoic little thing- she still rarely cries, but instead makes sad little squawking noises after she drinks with her mouth turned down in a big sad face. It's one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen.



But, on the super fun positive side, she smiles constantly and it's just adorable. Her chubby cheeks and multiple chins make the smiley face even better. Even if it's three in the morning and you're exhausted and your insomnia is trying to kill you and your eyes burn when you try to open them, her smiles make me give her a goofy grins back in return. Landon also loves them and he always announces when she's smiling to the rest of the house.

So far Claire's favorite things are her baths, getting her clothes changed, and eating. She loooooves it when you lay her down on the changing table to change her diaper or change her outfit (or, often, both). She gives you a series of big smiles and you just know she's thinking, "oooh which of my pretty dresses do I get to wear now?" She even smiles as you're pulling clothes over her head- I really do think she likes getting to wear different outfits throughout the day. Which may also explain why she likes to poop on them.



Even with the reflux, she has been such a joy. Landon remains a doting big brother and it has been so funny to hear him parroting back some of the little endearments I coo at her. When he got home from daycare yesterday he bounced up to the chair where I was rocking her and said, "hi little lady!" in this sugary sweet voice which is apparently what I sound like when I talk to her. And then when her face started to look said he said, "oh, no sad face!" which is also what I say. Cracked me up. It is still so fun to see the two of them together.

And perhaps most joyous of all? On Tuesday night Claire slept from 9 pm to SEVEN AM. 10 hours!! And then last night she slept for 9! I love that baby girl!



(These are obviously not recent pictures, they're just a few more shots from our newborn photo session nearly 2 months ago. I need to get better about using my camera on these random days while we're hanging out at home! The most recent pics I have are here.)

5 comments:

  1. wow~ that's great that she sleeps so well! Teething already- that seems so young, poor thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever tried a crib sling for the reflux? I just found out about them recently - too late for my 2.5 y.o.'s infant reflux issues, but definitely will try them when our second comes along if he/she has problems. I've heard that they are amazingly helpful...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG...she makes me long for another baby. What a total sweetie and I love how LanMan has embraced his role as big brother!
    Desimom

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is weird, but in case Cee is reading this -- how can we get access to your blog now?

    ReplyDelete