Sunday, May 17, 2009

Honey Do

I love weekends with my little family- even weekends filled with house work and home improvement projects. Our home to-do list has been growing during these busy past few months and JP promised he would start helping me with it as soon as his finals were over. Well, his last final was Thursday and Friday night found us at Lowe's buying paint for Landon's big boy room.

First up was changing our living room fan. I don't know why the original owners spent all kinds of money upgrading to beautiful wrought-iron light fixtures and then added a bright silver fan, but I've been itching to change it since last May when we moved in. The old fan will be a great addition to Landon's future room which was fanless until now.

JP spent the hours from 7 a.m. to noon coaching his first swim meet, so he was super excited about our little fan project. But Landon was ready to help!



If periodically running off with fan blades and other spare parts could be considered helping. But isn't that pretty?



Other major accomplishments included replacing our back doorknobs (they had stopped working completely, forcing me to walk the dogs around to the side gate every time they needed to go outside, including in the morning when I'm unkempt and half-dressed, and I hate getting their furry little hopes up every time they see the leash), installing rods and hanging curtains in the kitchen and study, taping the trim and doors in not-yet-painted room, and successfully finding Landon during several games of hide-and-seek.



And by game, I mean we'd look up from our illegible instruction sheets, notice he was missing, and then see his blonde curly hairs sticking up behind the arch in the play room. Every time. He was continually shocked and delighted when we'd find him. We also read "B is for Bear" eleventy hundred times and during each one Landon would get so excited to pet the D is for Duckling and point out the BUBBLES! on the "W is for Wet" page.



I love that he's so easily entertained, he makes our weekends such fun.

4 comments:

  1. I was laughing reading this because the dynamic b/w you and JP seems awfully familiar to me ;)

    But job well done! the fan looks great and I'm falling super in love with Landon's curls

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with LEO - Landon is so cute and so BIG! Hard to believe he's almost two. Where does the time go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought you read him "B is for Beer" -- obviously a book JP would have chosen. ;)

    So Squirmy is closing in on two, and has decided to go with golden curls for his big boy look, huh? I must say he wears them well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at those blonde curls and that huge smile! What a cutie-patootie. If I had a boy, that's what I would want him to look like.

    ReplyDelete