Friday, May 1, 2009

Happy Dance

Meeting summary: no salary cut; altered but still existing bonus structure; past two months have been surprisingly good firm-wide; no lay-offs. After a night spent tossing and turning and thinking of more ways to cut back expenses, I feel like this:



I have an absurd amount of work to do, I am not going to have a day off until May 26. I don't care. I'm heading home right now to chase my toddler around the livingroom, have a dance party or two, and read books about bus-driving pigeons and runaway bunnies. I'll log back in at 8 and work until my eyes refuse to stay open, but I have the brownies I baked last night and a non-decreasing paycheck. Things could be so much worse.

5 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo!!! Go celebrate. :) At least get some sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know it worked out - what a sweet clip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news!!! Having just been subject of 10% paycut (D's, not mine) it's no fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you should do a post on how you chose a law firm like the one you wrote for law school, it sounds like you chose well!

    I don't believe your posts about Landon acting like a toddler after seeing this video...he's too cute and sweet! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you are willing to learn to dance with the help of online dance lessons, than you can avail dance video and easy to follow dance instruction dvd. For more online dance sites you can visit : http://www.learn-dance-online.com/dance_directories.html

    ReplyDelete