Monday, November 11, 2013

Ready for Takeoff

Claire has started to leave toys on my belly to "play with the baby." I'd say we're both beyond ready for her to come out and join us in the real world.


Spiders, an obvious choice for an infant

As I sit here on the couch, about to go make dinner (creamy chicken noodle soup and a giant loaf of ciabatta bread, and probably some sliced cheese because cheese goes with everything), staring at my packed bags and the pile of wrapped Christmas presents (my parents are going to drive them back to the lake house since we'll be there for the holidays), I am so glad tomorrow is D-Day because there is literally NOTHING left for me to do. I scrubbed all of our exterior windows and reorganized the kids' playroom bins for goodness sakes. I finished Landon's photo book last night and Claire's arrived in time for wrapping a few days ago. I am ready x 1,000,000. Maybe not ready for an actual baby- as we lay in bed last night JP and I both looked over at the cozy little co-sleeper set up in the corner of the room and discussed how completely insane we were to go back to fractured sleep and nighttime feedings and maybe, just maybe this was all a huge mistake. But we're here and it's happening and when it's not nighttime, we're both quite thrilled at the idea of welcoming a third baby into the fold. Mostly because that baby is going to grow into a toddler who's going to grow into a kid and it's the trio of freewheeling kidlets we're particularly excited to watch grow and play and to drive around the country to climb mountains and other piles of rocks. All in all, it promises to be quite an adventure.

An adventure that should be starting mid-afternoon tomorrow. My mom flies in tonight, Claire's big sister shirt is waiting on her dresser, and Landon's big brother shirt is packed in his backpack to change into after school. Just a few more hours until we meet our baby girl and I welcome wine and waist lines back into my life (maybe not all at once) and say goodbye to the giant belly I'm currently typing over/around. At this point, it really can't come soon enough- till tomorrow everyone!

20 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see pics of new baby girl with her big brother and big sister!
    Knowing you so well (as well as one can in the blogosphere), there's a draft waiting to be filled in with stats and photos and to be published soon and I love you for it!
    Desimom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will be watching all media outlets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you and your family, and I can't wait to learn what name you chose for her! Hilary in MO

    ReplyDelete
  4. so so excited for you!!! best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stop posting and go have that baby! Every time I see that you posted I'm hoping to see baby pics. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best wishes tomorrow! Can't wait to "meet" her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What everyone else has already said! Plus lots of hugs to you all. I've never met you in person but you've shared so much with us. Only one more thing I want to know: How does anyone get any sleep the night before they know they are going to have a baby??? Those pictures of me taken after a labor that started in transition and finished after about 6 pushes document the last time I looked rested! Lisa M.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope tomorrow goes as smoothly as possible! Look forward to seeing pics. Good luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So excited for you all! Best wishes for an uneventful delivery, and a happy healthy sweet baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So excited for all of you! I'm so excited to find out what the name is, I feel like Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck! I can't wait to see pictures and hear about #3. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. We can't wait to meet her, too!! God bless, I'll be thinking of you this afternoon!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so excited for you!! Looking forward to seeing your new addition. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  14. Best wishes LL! I'm a fellow '08 law grad who has enjoyed reading your blog for years. Good luck today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This baby has the best birthday ever! 11/12/13? PERFECTION.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I may or may not be stalking your blog for an update. Ha! Good luck! I see they changed your time to 1:30 from noon, so you should be heading into the OR as a I type. I'll offer up a prayer on your behalf. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, boo! I forgot about the time difference (I'm in DC area). So, I guess there's more waiting to be done. :)

      Delete
  17. Saying prayers for you right now for a healthy delivery!! Cannot wait to see a pic of the newest addition to your family.

    ReplyDelete