Friday, February 20, 2009

I Laughed So Hard My Face Still Hurts

The Robin William's "Live on Broadway" DVD is one of my favorite pick-me-ups. It never fails to make me laugh and I think this is one of the funniest clips I've ever seen- the fact that I'm a daughter of an avid golfer only makes it better (Warning: lots of cursing, and it's really only the first 2.5 minutes that I wanted to capture).



So when I went online back in November to buy Tran-Siberian Orchestra tickets as a Christmas present to me (JP's part of the present was coming with me with a fake smile on his face) and saw that Robin was coming to Austin in February I changed my plans and bought tickets as a Christmas present to both of us instead. An excellent decision, especially since I've already seen (and loved) TSO and JP would enjoy this quite a lot more.

Of course I bought these tickets back when I was super slow at work and would have no problem leaving at 5 to go home, go out to dinner, and make it to the 8 p.m. show. Now that in a crazy busy section I had to race around all day, skip dinner, skip going home, and jump into JP's car on the way downtown. But it was worth it. I haven't laughed that hard in... ever? And it was so rapid fire that I walked out unable to repeat a single complete line- it was all just funny mush in my head. I'd never seen him live, so I didn't realize how much he customizes the show for each city. The solid first 15 minutes were pure Austin comedy- some of it very detailed and "insider" type jokes that he was able to pull off surprisingly well.

Now I'm sitting at my desk, surrounded by work, and I keep giggling as I remember little bits of the show. My secretary is probably going to start wondering if there's something besides tea in my insulated mug...

2 comments:

  1. Robin Williams is one of my favorite people on the planet, and "Live on Broadway" is in my DVD player at least twice a month. I know all the jokes by heart, and yet it still brings me to tears from laughter. I was horribly upset not to see him when he was out this way, but I figure I'll see him eventually. I'm glad you had such a good time! And I'll bet JP was glad you switched the tickets too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lay off that Earl Grey, girl. ;)

    I didn't know he still toured. I'm going to have to go get that DVD.

    ReplyDelete