Saturday, January 31, 2009

25 Things

I, along with most of the rest of those on facebook, did the 25 Things meme last night. And because I don't have time to write all of the posts floating around in my head, I'm going to cheat and repost my list here. Plus, I figure it'll make up for all the past memes I've been tagged for and never did.

So here it is, a list of 25 random things about me:

1. I loved living in Chicago and miss it every day.

2. I like Austin too.

3. I used to want a lot of kids, then I had Landon and had (many) nights where I wasn't sure I wanted one. Now I want a lot kids again.

4. I sometimes think I should have stuck with medical school.

5. After more than 7 years together I still crave JP during the day. I hope that never stops.

6. I'm a sucker for a good historical romance.

7. In 2000 I was the fastest woman ever to swim across the Hudson river at its widest point. I also found out that I hate open water swimming and have never done it again.

8. I am deathly afraid of moths. I have no idea why.

9. Bread and cheese (and french fries!) frequently make up 90% of my diet. Low carb would never be an option for me.

10. My freshman year in college was quite possibly the best year of my life.

11. I own over 20 pairs of high heels and have a deep and meaningful relationship with each and every one.

12. New pens (or really any school/office supply) can make my day.

13. I love Project Runway, Top Chef, and So You Think You Can Dance and do not consider them to be "reality shows."

14. I hate all other reality shows and do not understand their appeal.

15. Skiing is my very favorite kind of vacation and JP and my dream is to one day have a home in Colorado.

16. Clutter makes me unsettled and nervous. My house is not cluttered, though my office frequently is.

17. Diet coke is my favorite beverage. Red wine is a close second.

18. My hair naturally turned red in high school, but I still think of myself as a blonde.

19. I am a very risk averse person, according to JP I manage money like an 80-year-old.

20. I love dogs and can't read a story about them without getting choked up. I'm a huge believer in adoption and get irritated anytime I hear of someone "buying" a puppy.

21. I eat when I'm happy and completely lose my appetite when I'm stressed or sad. By Landon's first birthday I weighed significantly less than I ever had before. It was a difficult year.

22. My best friend since I was five came out to me when we were sixteen. It was a personal and political turning point for me and remains one of the most important conversations of my life.

23. I worry about the environment and try to decrease my impact on it.

24. I love board games and card games. LOVE them.

25. I always thought I'd be 30 before I even thought about getting married or having babies. I married JP at 22 and had Landon at 24- not what I expected, but I wouldn't change a thing.

7 comments:

  1. I loved living in Chicago too and I also miss it every day!! that city sure does grow on you!

    what??? No American Idol?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand what you mean about "Top Chef" and "Project Runway" not seeming reality-esque. I'm sad, though, because of all the Project Runway contract dispute issues that are keeping it off the air. I hope it comes back ASAP.

    Shows like "The Bachelor" are heinous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so weird that your hair turned red in high school! Cool, though. :-) I used to live in Chicago too and I miss it every day as well. NY is cool but I'm a midwest girl at heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to let you know that I really enjoy reading your blog. You and I seem to have similar tastes and similar lives right now.
    -Fellow first year associate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Historical romance! Shame on you! How could you possibly read such terrible, trashy, mindless, juicy, appealing, satisfying... um... I guess my true feelings about historical romances are coming out. Kudos to you for admitting to MY secret vice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been tagged twice now on Facebook to do this meme and can't bring myself to do it. I think it's part of my whole "must be semi-anonymous" thing on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, I read your blog on occasion. Never posted before..but after reading your 25 things it was really creepy how alike we are. seriously...even down to first yr of college being the best year! except I'm going to med school, and I currently live in Chicago. You have good taste :)

    ReplyDelete