Saturday, November 18, 2006

Psychotic Cat Ruins Dinner Party

I love throwing parties- one of the major advantages to moving back to Texas is that we will be able to afford a bigger place where I can entertain more than 8 people at a time. Last night I hosted a potluck tapas party - it was just 7 girls and everyone contributed something. I had red and white sangria, chicken skewers, and an Amazing (and simple) tres leches cake. The girls brought much fancier things than I usually make and everything was going great until my cat had some sort of psychotic episode.

She's usually incredible sociable, loves people, and is very calm with crowds. My friend was talking on her cellphone in my bedroom and Lilly (the cat) started arching her back, puffing her tail, and trying to herd my friend back to the livingroom. Then she went into full attack mode- there was hissing and spitting and a big pouffy tail. Women and children were shrieking (well there weren't actually any children) and I, as the hostess and owner, had to get between my guests and the possessed cat and tackle her to the ground. I emerged with a snarling cat and lots of bloody scrapes on my hands - I threw her into the bathroom and announced cake was ready to be served.

1 comment:

  1. It was one of the funniest things I've ever in my life seen--although I'm sorry that she actually scared people, of course. But from where I was sitting, safely on the other side of the room? I still laugh.

    And the cake was fantastic. I only gained about 5 pounds.

    Hi! Welcome aboard!

    ReplyDelete