Friday, June 11, 2021

Rescue Pets: Inaugural Team Meeting

Moose: I now call this meeting to order.

Milo: I was told there would be snacks?

Maggie: [Deaf, but somehow understands her presence is expected and happy as always to be included.]

Moose: The humans have changed our kibbles and I would like to lodge a complaint.

Milo: Kibbles? Where?

Maggie: Everything is so great and I'm so glad the cats think so too.

Moose: In terms of retribution, I'm currently glaring at the head human whenever I'm near my bowl. What steps are you taking?

Milo: Sometimes I try to nap and eat at the same time.

Maggie: I love naps and also eating.

Moose: Next, sometimes I grace a human with my presence and then they move before I am ready. I'm currently on day 3 of ignoring one of them for adjusting their legs during my second mid-morning nap. I expect you all to join me.

Milo: I love naps.

Maggie: I love everything.

Moose: Next, sometimes my toy spring goes under the couch and remains there for hours before someone fetches it for me so I can hit it back under again. This process should repeat itself much faster.

Milo: I don't like toys that require running.

Maggie: Do you think I will get cheese again with my dinner?

Moose: Next, the humans trimmed my nails last night, neutralizing my natural weapons. How can I now flay the skin of my enemies?

Milo: My fur is so fluffy.

Maggie: Sometimes I get a piece of cheese with my dinner.

Moose: Next, the new cat keeps taking my favorite nap spot and no one is fixing it.

Milo: Naps!

Maggie: Cheese!

Moose: The revolution begins at dawn.

2 comments:

  1. 🤣 I loved reading this! The photo is perfect and your dialogue is 💯!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. This made my morning. Their personalities shine through in the dialogue.

    ReplyDelete