Sunday, February 17, 2019

Maggie Moo and all the Food

I've been trying for 3 years/11 days to write a new blog post. I have stories! And pictures! But I have 10 minutes between my barre class and heading out to see Isn't It Romantic with my mamas (juice box of rosé wine and peanut m&m's already in my purse) and there just isn't time. So instead of an actual update I leave you with this delightful series of pictures of my dog yawning and our menu plan from last week and the week ahead!


I promise a more fulsome update very soon! I'd say tonight, but Maggie is skeptical.


All is well, just busy. Also, I have to spend 90% of my home time loving on my dog.


On to food!

Sunday: Spinach Artichoke Lasagna, ciabatta bread. (This was great and super easy!)

Monday: Beef & Cabbage Stir Fry, steamed brown rice, frozen Spring Rolls and frozen Shu Mai (both from TJ's; surprisingly good).

Tuesday: Crockpot Chicken Gnocchi Soup, crackers and cheese on the side. (SOOO good)

Wednesday: Leftovers of all of the above.

Thurs/Valentine's Day: Pink Pancakes, bacon, berries (for the kids); Flank steak (my mom's marinade: 1 Tbsp sherry, 2 Tbsp soy sauce, 1 tsp honey, minced garlic; marinade overnight and grill to rare,slicing thin against the grain), twice-baked potatoes, and roasted carrots. and champagne. and cake (for James and me after the kids went to bed).

Friday: Out for chips and queso (and margaritas!) after Cora's dance party. The girls had chicken nuggets and fruit at the dance; James ate 3 rice taco bowls at the restaurant; Landon was at a friend's.

Saturday: Dorito Taco Salad (we do ours a little different; I use ground turkey, browned with onion, garlic, and taco seasoning and then add the drained pinto beans, red kidney beans, and corn to the meat in the skillet to warm it all up; toss with chopped lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, and black olives. I don't use a dressing, just add some salsa as needed. Crunched up nacho cheese doritos - TJ's version - get mixed in last. HUGE hit.)

Sunday: My favorite salmon; roasted multi-color potatoes, steamed broccoli.

Monday: Balsamic Pork Tenderloin, Parmesan orzo with peas.

Tuesday: Chicken & Mozzarella ravioli (refrigerated; from Costco) with tomato cream sauce.

Wednesday: Out for school fundraiser at the restaurant with my favorite french fries! It's for the children.

Thursday: Out with my mamas for my birthday! Kids will have tacos at home with James.

Friday: Grilled smoked turkey sausage, homemade Mac & Cheese, steamed broccoli.

Saturday: Greek Turkey and Rice Skillet, extra olives, feta, tomatoes, cucumber, and more on top; naan bread.


Helping with dinner

Have a great week ahead- Maggie says don't work too hard!

5 comments:

  1. She is so cute! Also I adore reading your blog! It is one of the last truly just fun blogs out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Sometimes you feel like you're writing into a void (because, based on my complex understanding of the interwebs, that is exactly what you're doing), so it's always lovely to hear from the readers out there in space with you :).

      Delete
  2. Hi! I am just curious but what are you currently doing for lunches? Do the kids pack their own? Are you still doing mason jar salads? I’m in a bit of a rut with cooking...this week is heavily featuring a frozen lasagna. - Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there! James packs the kids' lunch with their help and input- use the Planet Box Rover and fill it in with a veggie, fruit, something crunchy/snacky, and a main item like peanut butter and banana in a tortilla, turkey and cheese in a tortilla, one of Cora's beloved black beans, rice, and cheese burritos (organic and frozen; from Costco, we have them in bulk), or Tleftovers of some kind.

      I usually eat out with coworkers 2x a week, work from home 1 day and make something on the fly (turkey sandwich, cereal, etc.), and then bring my lunch 2 days (occasionally 3 if I know I want to do an extra day of lunchtime yoga). Often I just have leftovers (if we have them!) or I make something big on Sunday to eat after my barre class (I finish at 2:30 and can't eat before hand and then am STARVING when I walk in the door after) and parcel it out for the other days in the week. Recent favorites have been this Roasted Cauliflower and Quinoa Salad and Kitchen Sink Pasta Salad.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the ideas! Also just saw your post where Claire has read the first four Betsy -Tacy books and that is such wonderful news! I wonder if they’ll ever make a show or movie based on those books. - Jeanne

    ReplyDelete