Tuesday, August 4, 2009

For the Baby Book


Two Saturdays ago I had a free two hours, a napping toddler, and a to-do list all checked off. I decided it was time to face the baby book so I got it off the shelf and filled in the last 12 months of Landon's life with pictures, cards, and stars pulled directly from the blog. Without my archvies there's no way I could have filled in the date of his first steps or his weight at 12 months or any of the other little details it seemed so important to record. So in that spirit, here are his 2-year portraits, which took two trips to Picture People, two bags of fruit snack bribes and a very patient photographer to get TWO acceptable looking photos. These are them. There were no other options. At least the picture selecting part of the appointment went quickly.

At his 2-year check-up a few days later, we found out Landon had finally graduated out of the 25th percentile for height! JP and I are both tall, but we have some short family members and I wondered if Landon would take after them in height. I'm not sure his 2-year height matters much for what he'll be as an adult, but it's nice to be tall, especially if you're a guy. In the short-term it means that the days where he seems to subsist on crackers, air, and 3 peas aren't stunting his growth. His weight has always been around the 75th and his head has been in the 90th since his 1 month check-up (which was on his due date, his head was only in the 25th percentile when he was born, thank goodness!)


The Stats:
Height: 35" - 75th percentile
Weight: 30 lbs. - 75th percentile
Head: 50.5 cm - 90th percentile

12 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, he's so adorable! I remember when he was a small lobster at the law school. :) Great family photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I normally just lurk but that picture is so cute I had to comment on it. Landon is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the photos! Fabulous family photo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great pictures!

    The baby book IS daunting. I agree. I am almost done with Jack's-- I still need to do his first birthday party pictures. Good for you-- that's a big thing to cross off the official mom list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know the "old wives tale" is that you double their height at age 2 and that will be their adult height. So, Landon would be 5'10".
    Love the pictures. What a great looking family!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. For some reason, this shot had me reminiscing about the lobster costume too. I think it's that the longish hair makes him look like an especially big boy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet! I love the photos, you all look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thos pictures are great- you make a very photogenic family!! Wow- sounds like Landon had quite the growth spurt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great pic of the 3 of you!

    I, too, had a painful trip to Picture People. It involved my son stiffening and writhing on the floor at the front of the store, blocking the entrance. We got a good picture of the kid and me, and a good picture of the kid and his dad, but no decent picture of the three of us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a great family pic!

    and another July '07 baby has Cooper beat...his short genetics are catching up with him and he came in at a mere 33 inches (or so...it wasn't easy). I'll be happy if he or Gavin make it to 5'5" as adults.

    ReplyDelete