A few of the highlights for this year's live auction include:
- A private swim session for 3 with the beluga whales at Chicago's Shedd aquarium
- $1000 and a personal shoper at Neiman Marcus
- Custom designed diamond ring
- Four Bulls VIP courtside passes with tickets to the pre-game shootaround (one of you gets to be the ball returner), picture at center court, and autographed picture of your favorite player
- Weekend for 4 at a professor's fancy lake house
- Dinner for 4 at Gibson's, Bulls game, and drinks afterward
- Spa day at the Peninsula Hotel for 4 and dinner afterward at Alinea
- Private cruise on a law firm partner's 65-foot yacht for 20 students
- $2500 Neiman Marcus shopping spree and lunch with the CEO and General Counsel
- Two tickets to the NBA draft in NYC, backstage tour, visit to the Green Room, and a meeting with the Commissioner and current/past players
- Week-long stay at a Tuscan wine estate (owned by an alum) for four, with a private tour, tasting of all their wines, and round-trip airfare to Italy and four extra nights lodging in Rome
- Pick your vacation for two: cruise through the Mediterranean, South American Adventure, or Asian Exploration
- Various wine tastings, scotch tastings, poker nights, theatre nights, and very expensive dinners with famous professors at their homes and out in the city. Plus trips to famous alumni judges' chambers or homes for meals and discussion (including Judge Richard Posner and more)
Pretty incredible, right?! Makes me kind of sad we're going to deplete our savings on a down payment for a house in Austin because I would REALLY like a cruise, Italian vacation, and/or shopping spree. Three friends and I have agreed to bid up to a certain amount for the spa day and dinner at Alinea prize. I have a birthday coming up, so I'm pre-spending the anticipated birthday funds. The silent auction also has some fantastic prizes like iPods, restaurant gift certificates, etc.
And the great thing is that while you watch the Bulls from your courtside seats, you know 100% of your money went to helping fellow students pay for the bar and accept unpaid summer positions. Let the bidding begin!