Monday, July 21, 2008

1 Year Check-Up

I never wrote about Landon's first year check-up last week. It was on his birthday, bright and early at 8:30 AM, and he was full of his usual doctor's office charm. We really like our new pediatrician. I'd sent an email out to the corporate section asking for recommendations (every attorney except one has young kids and most live in our area) and several recommended her. She's raised 3 kids of her own, has a very impressive resume, and is a great mix of practical, knowledgeable, and nice. Landon gave her lots of smiles and sideways glances and kept rubbing his belly for her (you know, in case she missed it). His new stats are:


Height: 30 inches (55%)
Weight: 24 lb. 6 oz (85%)
Head: 48 cm (90%)


So once again we have a medium sized, chubby baby, with a big head. We talked about the bottle and transitioning to a cup (goal by 15 months, but he's already done it except for his last feeding), his daycare (she said its a great one and her patients' parents really like it), his teething (molars can take a long time and if his earlier teeth were bad, these will be worse - awesome), and his talking (no worries that he still only babbles, he does it enthusiastically and with eye contact and some meaning).

He got 7 shots, which displeased him, but the nurse was quick and the second she was done I handed him his little dog and he gave it a big smile. Now he only needs 1 more for the whole next year! I know some people like to space them out, and I understand that approach, but I don't want every time he goes to the doctor to involve shots and I want to make our visits to the doctor as infrequent as possible this year.

So now that's recorded for posterity (and for me to write in his baby book whenever I get the chance - if it wasn't for this blog, I wouldn't remember when he did anything- the whole first year is a blur) I am REALLY going to go study now.


1 comment:

  1. Apropos the molar fun coming up, have you ever heard of Hyland's Teething Tablets? They are a godsend! And all natural...

    ReplyDelete