2. My kitchen is supposed to be done tomorrow! I'm expecting Wednesday to avoid disappointment, but regardless, there is an end in sight and that end looks BEAUTIFUL and full of homemade Christmas cookies.
3. I got a new yoga mat in the mail (an early Christmas present to myself after hours of research and over 200 hours logged on my old cheap mat) and it finally motivated me to take a break from evening wine drinking to get back to the barre and my legs feel shaky and amazing. And also nicely supported thanks to the new yoga mat that is already clearly worth 5x my old one. Such support and cushion and down dog hand stickiness! Getting back to the studio was like reuniting with a friend and it had only been a week away. Barre is in my blood.
4. This song played in class and it is WONDERFUL. It also won't get out of my hand. JP already hates it.
5. Cora looked adorable and festive this morning so I tried to get a picture in the chair I always seem to stick her in when I want a picture and she was having NONE OF IT. She stood up immediately, yelled in joy for being awake and alive on this lovely
6. My hair has decided to grow two tiny curly devil horns on both sides of my head and they are making me crazy. Like all caps crazy, except I used a lot of caps in the last bullet. They stick up and curl and will not be contained with any combination of chemical, hair product, or hot iron. So I'm tamping them down with sparkly headbands. Loft had their hair accessories 50% off today and if you've grown horns lately, you should go get some. They're super cute and feel very festive, and no one has to know you're only wearing them because of the horn situation.
7. This my kitchen color scheme: walls (same as living room; Bird Bath Blue), trim/upper cabinets (Chantilly Lace, which looks much brighter than the screen cap below), and lower cabinets (Shaker Grey). The floor is chocolate brown tile with grey tones.
It's going to be great. And I'm not even saying that sarcastically anymore.
8. I don't have a single Christmas decoration in the house because they would only get covered in dust and paint spray, but it's making my soul sad to be so unfestive. Luckily the Christmas cards have begun arriving and they make me so happy. The stack we have growing next to the door is literally our only nod to the holiday season in the whole house, but I've already taken off work on Friday and I am going to whip this house into shape. I will unpack ALL the kitchen things and organize the drawers and pantry and unleash the Christmas decorations and tree. This house will be FULL of holiday spirit when the kids get home from school on Friday and it will be glorious. And then I need to figure out how I can make sugar cookies happen before the 24th. It's going to be a tight squeeze, but cookies and sugar (and tradition!) are excellent motivators!