Thursday, November 5, 2009

Home Sweet Hotel Room

I'm in Houston on business and I'm learning once again that marriage and motherhood have ruined Fancy Hotel rooms with king-sized beds for me. You'd think it would make me soak up the night of solitude all the more, but I miss my boys terribly. I miss the craziness and the dogs and the cuddling with JP and hugs and blown kisses from Landon. I'll be home before he goes to bed tomorrow and I can't wait to read our books and hear about his day, but at least now he's old enough to have brief conversations with me on the phone. I'm looking forward to a weekend filled with birthday parties and a trip to the San Antonio zoo. Until then, I'm going to keep looking at my favorite pictures from his daycare conference.



He's going to be an awesome big brother.


Cooking up some homemade playdough.


Cupcakes! for a friend's birthday.


Man I miss that kid.

6 comments:

  1. I went to DC for a girls' weekend and found myself outside the Natural History Museum missing Charlie terribly because I wanted to show him the dinosaur skeleton. Sleeping late was nice though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're making me feel guilty for thinking that I could really use a girl's weekend right about now ... but then again, maybe if I really went on one, I would miss my boys too much to enjoy it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe something's wrong with me, but I never miss my family when I'm gone for a short trip, or if they are gone. I'm very much an introvert though, so being alone is precious recharge time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is some green frosting.

    I wanted to let you know I have a giveaway on my blog. Click on the WHAT AM I? GIVEAWAY picture in one of the right sidebars.
    theprovidentwoman.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats. I just read that you are expecting. I've been away a while due to my second baby. Just not time for my fun blog reads, and also because my favorites are on the desk top and that is way upstairs!!! So, at month 7 we are on schedule and I can make it upstairs. Two is great. Believe it. You've been around the block and know what to do. And, thanks for recommending the Outlander series months ago. Fantastic. I'm in the middle of Fiery Cross right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's the price of being a working mother. Enjoy every moment that you are together.Cute baby!

    ReplyDelete